Permit policy is provided to you at the time of purchase in person at one of our locations, Parnassus and Mission Bay.
Here's additional information for Housestaff parking permit.
Online Housestaff Parking Permits Policies
1) Your online customer ID expires every year, which is on June 30th. Orders placed without a valid customer ID will not be processed.
2) The minimum purchase for Housestaff (HS) permits is seven (7) consecutive days. Orders placed for less than seven days will not be processed. Maximum purchase is through June 30th. The minimum purchase for single-day PayByPhone (PBPHS) permits is one (1) day with a maximum of seven (7) consecutive days.
3) Enter the Permit Start Date (date you will start using the permit) on the online order form under My Cart. Enter the number of days needed in the Quantity field. One day is a 24-hour period. For example, Monday to Tuesday would be considered one day. Select a Pick Up Location when you place your online order and before you make a card payment.
4) Order processing time is three working days; working days are Monday through Friday, excluding University holidays. For example, if you place your order on Tuesday, your permit will be available for pick-up no later than Friday. Your permit will be ready for pick-up on the permit start date or three working days after placing your order, whichever is later.
Pick-up locations and times
Monday – Friday (excluding University holidays) from 8:00AM to 6:30PM in the ACC Garage (entrance at Irving and Arguello) on Level P7 from the valet booth.
All other times in the Millberry Union Public Garage on Level P8 at the cashier booth.
Monday – Friday (excluding University holidays) from 8:00AM to 8:30PM at the 2420 Sutter Street Garage lobby.
Mission Bay (M-F 8AM to 4:30PM) 1625 Owens Street, near the Rutter Conference Center garage.
5) A valid UCSF ID is required to pick-up permits. Permits are non-transferable and can only be issued to the Housestaff permit holder that completed the online purchase.
6) Your credit card will be charged at the time of order.
7) Permit orders that are canceled after the start date or not picked-up will be refunded, minus a $10 processing fee. Permits not picked-up within seven days will be automatically canceled.
8) A full refund will be issued for orders canceled before the permit start date. Cancelations for a full refund must be made in person at one of our two office locations or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include your full name, Customer ID number, permit start date and online order number.
HOW TO USE PAYBYPHONE TO PAY FOR ONE-DAY HS RATE PERMIT USE
* Payment must be made at the time your vehicle is parked. Delay in payment will result in a citation or hourly rate will be required for the difference upon exit of mixed-use garages.
* Failure to complete transaction or execute payment will result in a citation.
1) Sign up for a single day PayByPhone Housestaff (PBPHS) hangtag permit at the Parking Office. A permit issuance fee of $5.00 is required for the first PBPHS hangtag (per fiscal year) and $30.00 for replacements.
2) Go to PayByPhone: https://paybyphone.com/ and download the application onto your smart phone and sign up for a PayByPhone account by entering in the following information:
- Contact Details
- Payment Details
- Vehicle Details
3) When you need to park and use your PBPHS permit ($15.00/24-hour period), follow these instructions:
- Park your PayByPhone registered vehicle in a UCSF surface lot or garage authorized for HS permit parking.
- Hang your green PBPHS permit from the vehicle’s rear-view mirror.
- Launch your PayByPhone application and tap Start New Parking.
- Select Your Vehicle and enter Location Number 4352 and tap Validate. You must enter the license plate of the vehicle parked. If you do not have a plate, you must enter the last four digits of your VIN.
- Select the number of days and tap Continue.
- Review information for accuracy and tap Pay and Park.
- Payment is complete and receipt is available at https://paybyphone.com/.
Permit inquiries please call: 415-476-2566